In this lesson we are going to get oriented to the historical documents important to American Government.
Now answer the following questions. Be sure to put the question above each answer.
one sentence, tell me what the Declaration of Independence signifies.
2) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence and how long did it take to write?
3) Where is the Declaration of Independence on display?
4) Which document took the place of the Articles of Confederation in 1789?
5) What are the ten amendments added to the Constitution known as?
6) In your own words, what is the point of amendment number one?
7) Who issued the Emancipation Proclamation?
8) In one sentence, what is the purpose of the Emancipation Proclamation?
9) Who wrote the Federalist Papers?
10) When was the Constitution written?
11) What three forms of government does the Constitution establish?
12) What three main principles did the USA’s Founding Fathers establish to base the government on?
13) Where was the Gettysburg address given?
Return to Student Desk
Return to American Government Lessons
Content © Compuhigh.com